The Princess Proclaims.....

"My mind went on vacation but now it's back!"

"Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to be a Princess Ballerina Fairy Mermaid Astronaut."

"Mom, I'm really sad right now. I wanted to marry Prince Eric. I want to have a real baby. I want to fall in love."

"Mom, I love learning about God and singing about God. Everyone needs to learn about God!"

"Mom, when we say I Love You to each other, it makes my heart sing!"

"Dad, I have to tell you something. Did you know when you eat, your ears wiggle?"

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Swiffer Saturday and Other Stuff

When I was growing up, Saturday mornings were reserved for "The Big Clean."  My mom did all the housework (except dishes) during the week, but on Saturdays, it fell on us slaves dutiful daughters to do "The Big Clean."  I have three sisters (and a brother who is the youngest and didn't have to partake in the Saturday cleaning ritual) and each Saturday my mom assigned us a room in the house.  Floors were washed, furniture moved and vacuumed behind, windows washed, toilets scrubbed (still not my favorite cleaning task), and stairs were swept. 

Unlike my mom, I don't have four slaves dutiful daughters to help.   Since it is just E and I on the weekends, and she is only four, the majority of the house work obviously falls on me.  But there are some things she loves to do:  folding towels and sweeping the floors with the Swiffer.  Oh how that child LOVES to Swiffer.  Give her the Swiffer and a cloth and you don't hear from her for an hour.





After Swiffering, and folding the bath hand towels and wash cloths for me, it was time for some fun.  The other day I gave E an easy Word Search to do and she was hooked.  We have a coloring book from Animal Planet that has all kinds of, well, animals (pretty smart, aren't I?) in it, but also Word Search puzzles in it.  So E and I spent some time doing two Word Search puzzles. 



All that hard work tired her out, so it was time to watch a little tv.




We just finished making these oh-so-delicious egg-free Oatmeal Cookies.  Yummmmmy!    We will make sure to eat all of them  save some for N when he gets home from work.




That's what we've been up to today.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails