The Princess Proclaims.....

"My mind went on vacation but now it's back!"

"Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to be a Princess Ballerina Fairy Mermaid Astronaut."

"Mom, I'm really sad right now. I wanted to marry Prince Eric. I want to have a real baby. I want to fall in love."

"Mom, I love learning about God and singing about God. Everyone needs to learn about God!"

"Mom, when we say I Love You to each other, it makes my heart sing!"

"Dad, I have to tell you something. Did you know when you eat, your ears wiggle?"

Friday, December 11, 2009

He Loves Me...He Loves Me Not!

E has such an imagination.  She is in love with Prince Eric from Little Mermaid.  A while back, she told me she and Prince Eric were getting married and they had a baby.  Whenever you ask where he is, she says "He's in the bathroom" or "He's taking a walk."  Sounds like the guy was trying to escape if you ask me.

This went on for a while.  So imagine my surprise when the other day she came to me, sat down by me and very solemly said "Mom, I am so sad." *her head bent down, clasping her hands, talking softly*   I asked her why and she said Prince Eric didn't want to marry her.  I told her I thought they were already married and she said "No, that was just a dream."

Now, being the quick thinker that I am, I responded. "Huh?"  She said that in fact they were not married nor did they have a baby.  But "Mom, I'm really sad right now. I wanted to marry Prince Eric. I want to have a real baby. I want to fall in love."

Again, my quick thinking provided this gem "Marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be."

Not to be detered by my sage wisdom, she said "I'm going to go call Eric and tell him how I feel."  Off to her room she skipped, put on her Princess Dress and made "The Call."  I could hear her in her bedroom, "but Eric, I LOVE YOU.  I want to marry you."

A few minutes later, she comes skipping out of her room, her demeanor completely changed  from five minutes before.  I asked her why she was so happy and she said "I talked to Prince Eric and he said wanted to marry me....tonight! He'll be here in two minutes."  Then a short minute or so later, she says "The hospital called to tell me I'm going to have a baby in a few minutes."  Huh??  This is all happening to fast.  My head is spinning.  Before I can come up with another good piece of advice, out she comes with her baby, wrapped in a blanket.  "Look mom. I have a daughter."

Why oh why can't she just be happy playing with some Lego and reading books like her brother was at this age? :o)
 

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails