The Princess Proclaims.....

"My mind went on vacation but now it's back!"

"Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to be a Princess Ballerina Fairy Mermaid Astronaut."

"Mom, I'm really sad right now. I wanted to marry Prince Eric. I want to have a real baby. I want to fall in love."

"Mom, I love learning about God and singing about God. Everyone needs to learn about God!"

"Mom, when we say I Love You to each other, it makes my heart sing!"

"Dad, I have to tell you something. Did you know when you eat, your ears wiggle?"

Saturday, January 30, 2010

This Girl Loves To Shop

Most of my family LOVE to shop.  My mom, MIL, sisters, SIL...shoppers.  Me, I did not inherit the love-of-shopping genes.  I don't enjoy crowds, especially in malls. I tend to get too hot in the stores, and don't like dealing with the usually grumpy clerks. Plus, all the indecision! I'd look around a store for an hour, pick up something I liked, put it back, find something else I liked, put it back and end up leaving with nothing. So, I do most of my non-grocery shopping online.

It would seem that the shopper genes, which skipped me, landed on my daughter.  This Girl Loves To Shop.  Loves it.  On the rare occasion we do go to a retail store, she wants to check out the clothes, the jewelery, shoes, books, and of course toys.  If she finds two things she likes and I ask her to choose...she can and does.  No wishy-washy, and certainly no leaving the store empty-handed.

Yesterday we had to return something to Target.  E holds my hand and drags me straight to the girls clothes.  Her eyes settle very quickly on a purple leotard.  My mom sent her a leotard a few weeks ago and she loves wearing it around the house.  But it is pink...not her favorite color.  So when she saw the purple leotard, she asked me if we could buy it.  I had planned on buying her something so I was thrilled when she picked something so quickly.  But it was not to last.  Two rows over, against the wall, she saw it.  It wasn't purple. Did I mention purple is her favorite color?  Well, the dress was not purple...it was pink.  She was ok with that because it was her favorite type of clothing...a dress!  And not just any dress, but a Hello Kitty dress.  She asked me if we could buy it.  I held up the leotard and the Hello Kitty dress.  She thought about it for a few seconds and said "The Dress" which I knew she would.  She went and put the leotard back and that was that.

Now, me, I would have stood there for a half hour.  Which one? Which one?  I'd put one back, start to walk away and change my mind.  I'd go put back the one I thought I wanted and go get the one I thought I didn't want.  Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth.  Finally, I'd put them both back and leave.  See, she has the gene.  I don't.

Anyway, here she is, with her new Hello Kitty dress, which just happens to match perfectly with a Hello Kitty necklace and Hello Kitty bracelet my MIL sent her a few years ago.  Don't you usually get the dress...then the jewelry?  We do things backwards here. LOL

 

When we were finished with our shopping and went to get in line to pay, we just happened to be across from the girls clothes.  While Nick stayed in line with her, I snuck over and picked up the purple leotard.  I hoped to get it and give it to her at a later date.  However, she caught me as I tried to sneak it in with our other stuff.  So, she got it too.  That's ok.  She looks so darn cute in it.

 

Nick said he's going to have to get another job to support E's growing shopping habit! LOL



blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails