The Princess Proclaims.....

"My mind went on vacation but now it's back!"

"Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to be a Princess Ballerina Fairy Mermaid Astronaut."

"Mom, I'm really sad right now. I wanted to marry Prince Eric. I want to have a real baby. I want to fall in love."

"Mom, I love learning about God and singing about God. Everyone needs to learn about God!"

"Mom, when we say I Love You to each other, it makes my heart sing!"

"Dad, I have to tell you something. Did you know when you eat, your ears wiggle?"

Sunday, January 17, 2010

OUCH!

My daughter is a hair twirler, usually the back, and usually when she is very, very tired.  She has been twirling her hair for several years, which is why I tend to keep her hair shorter.  When it's time to brush, the screaming and crying is kept to a minimum.   When she gets older and is able to take care of her own hair, she can decide how long it will be.  Until then, momma rules!

Sorry, I digress.

Not only does she like to twirl her own hair, she likes to twist up mine as well.  She will come up to me and put her arm around me, grab some hair in back and twist it around.  Usually, she stops after a bit and moves on to something else.  Usually.

This afternoon we were taking a nap.  It is not unusual for her to twist/twirl my hair before she falls asleep if she is napping with me, but she doesn't usually do it when she wakes up.   Usually.

I was woken up by the twisting/twirling of my hair.  Slowly at first.  Then she started pulling my hair.  I could feel her breath on the back of my head as she continued twisting my hair around.

"What are you doing E?", I asked as I was now painfully pulled into wakefulness.

Wait for it.....

Wait now....

I'm still laughing about this a few hours later......







"I'm looking for the eyes on the back of your head, but I don't see them!!!"

Bwaaahaaahaaahaaa!!  Keep looking Princess, and I hope you keep believing I have eyes back there for a long, long time! LOL




blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails