The Princess Proclaims.....

"My mind went on vacation but now it's back!"

"Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to be a Princess Ballerina Fairy Mermaid Astronaut."

"Mom, I'm really sad right now. I wanted to marry Prince Eric. I want to have a real baby. I want to fall in love."

"Mom, I love learning about God and singing about God. Everyone needs to learn about God!"

"Mom, when we say I Love You to each other, it makes my heart sing!"

"Dad, I have to tell you something. Did you know when you eat, your ears wiggle?"

Thursday, February 04, 2010

She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not

I've noticed over the last few weeks, a tendency for more drama from The Princess. Today was no exception.

I was on my computer, when The Princess came up to me and asked me if she could play on Disney Online. I told her no and before I could say that she could play later, she scrunches up her nose, clenches her fist and says "You Are A Mean Mom Who Doesn't Want Me To Have Fun!"

Now, I'm feeling the love those are not words you want to hear from your child. I told her "You want to see a mean mom? Go to your room and sit on your bed. Don't play with any toys or read any books." My point being, your accusation of me being mean was just as unfounded as me sending her to her room for no reason.

Apparently this lesson was lost on The Princess. Well, she is only five but that was the best I could come up with on short notice.  I don't think quickly on my feet.  I'm hoping she doesn't notice this anytime soon.  Anyway, she lost it. Lost. It. Screamed at the top of her lungs for a good ten minutes. She knows the rule...if she screams and screams, I shut her door. She doesn't like that. She soon settled down.

When I went to talk to her, she was laying on her bed, with her eyes closed. I thought she must have worn herself out screaming so she fell asleep. Nope, she opened her eyes and sat up in bed giving me just about the saddest face I've ever seen. After a brief conversation about why I had her go in her room, she told me "Mom, do you know why I had my eyes close? I was praying to God. I asked him to please forgive me and wished that you would forgive me to. Do you?"  Well, how can you be mad at a sweet little girl after that? "Of course I forgive you, Princess." She said "I'm so glad mom, that you always forgive me."

A few minutes alter, she asked me if she could have some Bunny Crackers. I told her sure. She looked at me with a smile and said "Mom, You Are The Best Mom In The World."

Five year old girls can be fickle and full of drama.  I have no idea where she gets it from.  Really.  Drama or no drama, love me or not, I'm so thankful that this five year old is mine! :o)



blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails