The Princess Proclaims.....

"My mind went on vacation but now it's back!"

"Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to be a Princess Ballerina Fairy Mermaid Astronaut."

"Mom, I'm really sad right now. I wanted to marry Prince Eric. I want to have a real baby. I want to fall in love."

"Mom, I love learning about God and singing about God. Everyone needs to learn about God!"

"Mom, when we say I Love You to each other, it makes my heart sing!"

"Dad, I have to tell you something. Did you know when you eat, your ears wiggle?"

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Baking With Mom

The Princess asked me to make some brownies.  I had gotten a new recipe in the mail with a catalogue that showed mint brownies with mint icing.  So I had Nick go get a few things at the store but didn't tell E so it would be a surprise.

After her rest time, I told her to wash her hands and come in the kitchen.  I had all the cooking supplies out, plus a chair for her to stand on to help.  She took one look and got a huge smile on her face "We're making Mint Brownies" she said. I asked her "Why do you think we are making Mint Brownies?"  She said "Well, Mom.  You Do have all the cooking stuff out!"  *said with the a long suffering voice, rolling of eyes, hands on hips* LOL

We had a nice time mixing up the brownies.  It was tough for her to wait until it was time to ice the brownies.  Every few minutes "Is it time mom?"  Anytime I made a move to open a drawer or cabinet in the kitchen (I was making diner) she'd say "WAIT MOM. I WANT TO HELP!"  

Finally it was time to make the icing.  After I put the icing on the brownies, The Princess got to lick the icing bowl.  What kid doesn't love that treat??  

After dinner, we cut the brownies and enjoyed some of the most delicious brownies I've made.  The icing was so good (mint flavored like the brownies) but I know this is not a treat I will make often.  Very fattening.  But you need to have treats like once in a while, right?



blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails