The Princess Proclaims.....

"My mind went on vacation but now it's back!"

"Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to be a Princess Ballerina Fairy Mermaid Astronaut."

"Mom, I'm really sad right now. I wanted to marry Prince Eric. I want to have a real baby. I want to fall in love."

"Mom, I love learning about God and singing about God. Everyone needs to learn about God!"

"Mom, when we say I Love You to each other, it makes my heart sing!"

"Dad, I have to tell you something. Did you know when you eat, your ears wiggle?"

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes

My husband and I still laughing at something The Princess said the other day about her dad.

There are many reasons why E loves her dad. He gets right down on the floor and plays games with her, builds sand castles with her at the beach, is the guest at many of her "birthday parties", lets her decorate his hair/body with any number of barrettes, jewelery, snuggles with her as they watch tv, has pillow fights with her, pretty much anything she wants. Her works very hard so that I can be a stay-at-home mom, but when he is home, he really enjoys spending quality time with her.

Fast forward to this past weekend. E and I just got out of our pool and are sitting in the sun drying off. E is nestled in the middle of her inner tube floaty that she likes to snuggle in when she is done swimming. She turns to me and says, ""Mom, I know some kids don't have dads, but I've got the best dad in the world." In that brief split second before she continues, I'm thinking, she's going to say something about how much fun he is to play with because we sometimes call him her "play mate" or something along those lines. No, as she continues with her thought, it was all I could do not to break out in laughter. "He picks up lots of dog poop from Jake and Luke." Of all the wonderful things that her daddy does, picking up dog poop apparently ranks #1. Out of the mouths of babes.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails