The Princess Proclaims.....

"My mind went on vacation but now it's back!"

"Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to be a Princess Ballerina Fairy Mermaid Astronaut."

"Mom, I'm really sad right now. I wanted to marry Prince Eric. I want to have a real baby. I want to fall in love."

"Mom, I love learning about God and singing about God. Everyone needs to learn about God!"

"Mom, when we say I Love You to each other, it makes my heart sing!"

"Dad, I have to tell you something. Did you know when you eat, your ears wiggle?"

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

News From The Pool, v1, issue 1

My daughter is destined to be a cheerleader, I think.  "Mom, you are swimming great." and "Go daddy, go daddy, pull the wagon, go daddy." and "Keep peddling mom--ok that one was from last year since I haven't ridden (is that a word??) my bike in a L O N G time--you can do it."   She also happens to believe, and who am I to disagree with her, that I am the Best Mom In The World.  I mean, she tells me every day so it must be true, right?

Sorry, back to the News From The Pool.  We are playing in the pool and she takes the little basket ball that goes with pool basketball toy and sets it on top of this little blue plastic floaty that goes with her Ariel bath toy and gives it to me saying "Mom, here an award for being The Best Mom In The World." 

Next thing I know she is pretending to be a reporter calling to ask me about the award I got.  So I have to explain the award.  The reporter asks me about my daughter.  So I go on and tell her all about my wonderful daughter.  After hearing all about my incredible daughter, the report wants to meet here.  Hmmm....that will be tricky.  The reporter whispers to me to pretend I'm the daughter.  Using my best little girl voice, I answer the reporters questions.  The reporter agrees that I (the daughter) is in fact a great daughter and that she does have The Best Mom In The World.  (It must be true if the reporter believes it and reports it, right??) Then the reporter tells me that the video will be on the news so make sure I watch it.

Fast forward to the next day....repeat above scenario.   And again the next day.  Getting the Best Mom In The World award never gets old. :o)




blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails