The Princess Proclaims.....

"My mind went on vacation but now it's back!"

"Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to be a Princess Ballerina Fairy Mermaid Astronaut."

"Mom, I'm really sad right now. I wanted to marry Prince Eric. I want to have a real baby. I want to fall in love."

"Mom, I love learning about God and singing about God. Everyone needs to learn about God!"

"Mom, when we say I Love You to each other, it makes my heart sing!"

"Dad, I have to tell you something. Did you know when you eat, your ears wiggle?"

Friday, July 02, 2010

I Read About Him In Books........

The Princess has such an imagination.  I've said it before, I know.  She really does think she is going to marry a prince.  Not a great guy who treats her well and loves and adores her.  No, a REAL prince. 

Today, we were playing card games and while I was shuffling, she was looking out the window.  She got real quiet and said "Mom, can I sing you a song?"   I said "Sure."   I wish I had a tape recorder.  She sang the most meloncholy song about wishing her prince would come see her.   I don't remember much of the song, but I do remember a part where she says "I read about him in books, I see him on tv, now I wish he would come to see me in real life so we can get married."

After she finished, she put her cards down and said "Mom, lets go eat. And can you go into the breezeway (room off the kitchen) and see if my prince is there?"  I told her she should go because she wouldn't believe me anyway so she ran into her room, changed into one of her princess gowns, her tiara, jewelry and glass slippers, and walked slowly out to the living room.  She peaked her head around the kitchen wall to look into the breezeway and turned and smiled and said "HE CAME!"  She walked into the breezeway and I could hear her talking to "her prince." 

She came running out into the living room, her face all lit up, smiling from ear-to-ear, telling me I have to come meet her prince.  She grabs my hand and pulls me into the breezeway and introduces me to her Prince Aladdin.  She tells me they are going to go to church right now and get married.  Kinda sudden, but hey, this is her fantasy.

I grabbed my camera and told her I needed to take a picture of her in her wedding gown.  Doesn't she look radiant? LOL

Longer-story-short, she got married, came home, had a baby five minutes later, spent the rest of the evening before bed with her husband and baby and then it was time for bed.

She has such a rich fantasy life.  Sometimes too rich.  She has nightmares about someone shooting her.  She worries (like most kids) that something will happen to us.  But mostly, she just waits for her prince to arrive in person and wisk her off to Happily Ever After.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails