The Princess Proclaims.....

"My mind went on vacation but now it's back!"

"Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to be a Princess Ballerina Fairy Mermaid Astronaut."

"Mom, I'm really sad right now. I wanted to marry Prince Eric. I want to have a real baby. I want to fall in love."

"Mom, I love learning about God and singing about God. Everyone needs to learn about God!"

"Mom, when we say I Love You to each other, it makes my heart sing!"

"Dad, I have to tell you something. Did you know when you eat, your ears wiggle?"

Monday, January 10, 2011

Turtle & Bread In The Same Sentence?

Sounds weird, right?  But that is what we did today. Make Turtle Bread. 
We are studying a unit on Turtles in Kindergarten. For those of you who don’t know, I homeschool E.  It’s been a challenge, but one we continue to work at. 
Anyway, just as we were finishing up our unit, I saw instructions on how to make a turtle-shaped loaf of bread.  I had been looking for SOMETHING to make shaped like a turtle and *snap* there it was! Perfect.
Today was Turtle Breadmaking day.  I just make a quick recipe of white bread from my breadmaker (which is broke at the moment but that is another story) recipe book
e_makingturtlebread1e_makingturtlebread2
and then set it to rise on the counter.  E kept running to check to see if it had “rised” yet. LOL
The fun part was next.  E got to “punch down” the dough.  Then we broke it up into the following pieces and put it together on a greased cookie sheet.
Shell – one 6” ball of dough
Head – one 3” ball of dough
Legs – four 2” balls of dough
Tail – one wedge of dough
e_makingturtlebread3
We didn’t have raisins to use for the eyes, so E suggested we use chocolate chips.  Yummy.  Great idea E!
*forgot to mention the eggwash - 1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp water *
Let it rise again for 30 minutes, than into a 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes.
Turned out GREAT and tasted GREAT too!
e_makingturtlebread4
Not sure if there will be any left when my husband gets home!
Sharon
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails